Perkins Law, PLLC is a business and nonprofit law firm filling the void between “Big Law” and the LegalZooms of the world for entrepreneurs, business executives, and nonprofit leaders throughout Virginia.
What are you looking to do?
- Form a Virginia LLC or Corporation?
- Raise capital for a business or investment opportunity?
- Buy a franchised business or franchise your business?
- Draft or review a business contract?
- Start a nonprofit organization?
Big Law. Small Firm. Real People.
Founding owner Eric C. Perkins has been practicing law in Virginia since 1996, advising entrepreneurs, business owners and executives, real estate sponsors and investors, nonprofit organizations, and professionals in the sports entertainment field.
His practice is focused on helping people structure and memorialize their key business (and sometimes personal) relationships and transactions through written agreements so they can reduce risk, comply with applicable law, operate more efficiently, and sleep easier at night.
Eric spent 12 years practicing law with 75+ attorney firm in downtown Richmond. During a brief stint as in-house counsel for a real estate investment company, he played the unglamorous role of a corporate whistleblower in which he learned a thing or two about navigating a corporate crisis. Since starting Perkins Law in 2009, Eric has enjoyed the life of an entrepreneur and small business owner, experiencing the same challenges and opportunities as many of his clients.
As part of his commitment to providing efficient and professional service, Eric is pleased to offer many of his services on a flat fee basis.
What else can Perkins Law help you with?
- Negotiate an employment agreement
- Develop a code of ethics or compliance program for my company
- Structure a joint venture agreement with my business partners
- Structure a creative compensation arrangement with key employees without giving them equity ownership
- Develop a succession plan for the future ownership and management of my business
- Analyze a noncompete agreement
- Sell my business
- Sponsor or invest in a real estate investment deal
- Provide legal opinions in connection with business and financing transactions
- Prepare estate planning documents such as wills and powers of attorney