Eric Perkins has over a decade of experience representing both franchisors and franchisees in transactional matters, including:
- Franchise Disclosure Documents
- Franchise Agreements
- State Registration and Relationship Law Compliance
- Business Opportunity Regulations
- Acquisition and Sale of Franchised Businesses
- Area Development Agreements
- Master Franchise Agreements
- Entity Formations
- Lease Negotiations
- SBA Loans
- Dispute Resolution
- Termination of Franchise Relationships
- Employment Law Matters
Eric is a member of the American Bar Association’s Forum on Franchising and a founding Advisory Board Member of the Virginia Franchise Forum. He lectures and writes frequently on a variety of franchising topics.
Eric can efficiently assist new and established franchisors on a variety of business matters. For companies launching a new franchise system, services include drafting the necessary documents for the offering and sale of franchises, including Franchise Disclosure Documents (“FDD”), franchise agreements, and area developer agreements. Eric also manages regulatory compliance relating to the sale of franchises, including disclosure issues, marketing issues, and compliance with state registration laws.
For franchisors looking for a cost-effective solution to their franchise compliance needs, Perkins Law, PLLC offers a flat fee package of franchise compliance services, including:
- FDD drafting and annual updates
- State registrations and exemption filings
- Franchise sales, marketing, and advertising compliance
- Preparing closing documents for execution by prospective franchisees
- Telephone and e-mail consultations on franchise compliance matters
- Periodic alerts, newsletters, and blog updates on emerging trends in franchising, significant court decisions, and legislative developments.
Eric Perkins represents both established and start-up franchisee clients in evaluating franchise opportunities, negotiating franchise agreements, entity formations, debt and equity financing, and other ongoing franchising and business matters. His approach is focused on both education and advocacy so that a prospective franchisee can be in a position to make an informed decision when investing in a franchised business.
Eric offers a flat fee package of franchise-related services for prospective franchisees, including:
- Review and analysis of Franchise Disclosure Document and Franchise Agreement
- Confirmation of franchisor’s registration status with Virginia State Corporation Commission
- Identifying “red flags” and other disclosure issues or franchise terms that either deviate from industry norms or should otherwise be given careful consideration
- Preparing suggested revisions to the Franchise Agreement and ancillary agreements
- Preparing checklists or suggested talking points to maximize the “Discovery Day” experience
- Telephone and e-mail consultations during the franchise review, selection, and closing process
Flat fee legal services are also available for prospective franchisees needing assistance with entity formations, SBA loans or other forms of financing, and general business law and contractual matters.