https://www.ericperkinslaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/PerkinsLawLogo3.png 0 0 EPManager0 https://www.ericperkinslaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/PerkinsLawLogo3.png EPManager02016-12-02 23:13:342016-12-02 23:14:27Highlights from SCORE First Step Workshop for Prospective Business Owners
Thank you to today’s attendees and the Richmond SCORE chapter for the invitation to speak at today’s First Step Workshop for Prospective Business Owners. Here’s a quick list of some of the topics discussed during my session:
1. Business entities in Virginia–lots of choices,
2. Why sole proprietorships are NOT the best choice for structuring a new business.
3. How easy it is to form a Virginia LLC.
4. When and why it makes sense for an LLC to elect “S” corp. tax classification.
5. The difference between an employee and an independent contractor.
6. Key issues to negotiate with business partners.
7. Why litigation is generally NOT the most efficient way to resolve disputes.
Lots of great questions asked and information shared. Good luck to the entrepreneurs in attendance on their future plans!