https://www.ericperkinslaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/PerkinsLawLogo3.png 0 0 EPManager0 https://www.ericperkinslaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/PerkinsLawLogo3.png EPManager02017-12-15 10:40:452017-12-15 22:26:057 Reasons Why Henrico County is a Great Place to Start a Small Business
Relying on data recently published by the Henrico Economic Development Authority, here are just a few of the many reasons why Henrico County is a fabulous place to start a business.
- Convenient Location. More than 55% of the U.S. population and major manufacturing sites are located within 750 miles of Henrico
- Thriving Business Community. More than 25,000 businesses and four Fortune 1000 company headquarters call Henrico their home. With its strategic location, top talent pool and diverse inventory of real estate, Henrico County is a destination of choice for nationally and internationally recognized businesses.
- Low Taxes. Henrico County’s real estate tax rate is $0.87 per $100 assessed value – a rate that has been reduces six times since 1978. Virginia sales and use tax rate is the 6th lowest in the U.S. and the state corporation income tax rate (6%) has not changed since 1972.
- Vibrant Retail Environment. Henrico is a retail hub for the region with more per-capita sales than any other locality in Virginia and overall sales exceeding $5 billion
- Diverse and Educated Workforce. Henrico County is a diverse, multilingual workforce with 12% of the population being foreign born, representing 110 countries. It offers advanced language instruction in schools which include language immersion programs. Henrico County offers 15 advanced specialty centers for students with 91% of students graduating on time. Forty percent of residents hold a college degree (or higher). Henrico County was the first public school system in the nation to implement a one-to- one computer to student laptop
- Top Notch Services. Henrico County is one of only 132 localities nationwide with a Class 1 insurance rating, and the Henrico County Division of Fire recently received and international accreditation from the Commission on Fire Accreditation
- No Gridlock. The average commute for workers in Henrico County is 21 minutes – nothing compared to most metropolitan